The Carlsbad Current-Argus, a 7,000 circulation, six-day daily in Carlsbad, N.M., is looking for a full-time sports editor who wants to join a dynamic newsroom. This individual will report to the managing editor and lead the newspaper’s coverage of local high schools and write features about local athletes and their endeavors. Other responsibilities include working with the design team on the layout of the sports section and working on special sections.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field is preferred.
- Newspaper sports experience is highly desirable.
- Must be accurate, organized, a critical thinker, very flexible, computer literate and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Photography skills a plus.
- Must have reliable transportation, a current driver’s license, proof of liability insurance and a safe driving record.
More information available online.