Our bylaws call for up to six at-large members and five officers to be elected by a majority of the membership:
- A president who “presides at meetings of the chapter membership and board of directors. Appoints committee chairs and committee members. Serves as official spokesperson for chapter.”
- A vice-president for communications who “is the officer in charge of chapter communications, which can include newsletters, website, other electronic communications or any other appropriate tool. May appoint members to assist with the internal communications work, including a newsletter editor.”
- A vice-president for development “in charge of membership development may appoint other members to assist with contacts of prospective members and membership campaigns.”
- A secretary who “writes and maintains official minutes of all regular and special call board meetings. Handles correspondence as directed by the president. Notifies national office annually of names of new officers and date that they will take office.”
- A treasurer who “collects dues, pays bills. Prepares budgets. Maintains financial records of the chapter including an annual financial statement of income and expenses. Files any financial reports required. Submits books to chapter’s Audit Committee for annual audit.”
KRQE News 13, the leading TV and digital news operation in Albuquerque, New Mexico is looking for a full-time helicopter pilot to fly Sky News 13, an AS350B2 Eurocopter series aircraft.
You will be responsible for ensuring all operations involving the company aircraft are in compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations, the Sky News 13 Procedures Manual, and all local,
state and military regulations. In addition, the ideal candidate
must meet all company insurance requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The pilot is responsible for flying Sky News 13 to breaking news and events occurring in the Albuquerque market in a responsible and safe manner. He or she is responsible for making sure the aircraft remains clean and mission ready with all required maintenance. The pilot will work with news managers to coordinate coverage.
The pilot maintains accurate records of daily flight activity, including departure and arrival time, destination and news story name are kept. The pilot will participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
The pilot applicant must possess a minimum of 2,000 – 2,500 helicopter flying time, 100 hours of AS350B2 experience and 5000 hours of turbine time. Previous ENG experience preferred.
To express your interest in this position submit your resume online at www.krqe.com/jobs/. The application deadline is open until the position has been
We’ve heard it all over the past few years: Journalists need to be Tweeting and Facebooking, writing SEO headlines and pivoting to video. Those are all valuable skills in the 21st century.
But the most important tools for any reporter remain great reporting and strong writing.
Join the Society of Professional Journalists – Rio Grande Chapter and the UNM Student Chapter on the mornings of Nov. 4 and Nov. 11 to get back to basics. Reporting happens out in the real world, not behind computer screens, and writing should make people want to read.
We’ll have sessions on everything from nutgrafs to the art of interviewing, the inverted pyramid to public meetings.
For professionals, the event costs $20 for both days, including lunch. The cost to students is $5. Get more details and sign up here: Back to Basics