KOB 4 is looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented Media Prep Operator, to join the company’s Engineering team. The Media Prep Operator, as part of the Engineering department, will be responsible for recording and playback operations for KOB’s Master Control environment, and assisting with setup, recording and distribution of live news feeds.
The successful candidate will have a minimum 2 years of experience working in production or master control at a television station. Must be familiar with all varieties of video formats, codecs, and digital recording equipment. Experience with television news and traffic operations, working knowledge of ENG/SNG equipment a plus. Familiarity with signal routing, distribution, and master control equipment helpful. Must be able to work effectively under tight deadlines and in breaking news situations. Excellent communication, organization, and writing skills are required. Must possess exceptional interpersonal skills, working in a team environment with news, production, sales staff and station production personnel. Applicant must have a good driving record and a valid driver’s license, both will be checked.
- Operation of satellite recording equipment for station programming, ensuring proper timing, ingest, and preparation of recordings for air.
- Setting up multiple microwave/satellite live news feeds simultaneously, distributing signals properly throughout the production chain.
- Setup, recording, ingest and playback of news material for news editors and on-air play-out.
- Recording, timing, ingest of station commercials, promos, and locally produced programming, and ability to properly duplicate and transfer those throughout the facility.
- Works closely with news and production departments during every newscast.
- Ensure that commercial spots and syndicated program are prepared and checked for quality control in a timely manner for air.
No Telephone Calls Please
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER