- Minimum two years’ experience in sales, advertising, or media experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the local marketplace and ability to learn broadcasting terminology and methodology.
- Ability to understand the features and benefits of advertising and competitive media.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word for Windows.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Experience developing presentations for the purpose of direct-business selling and ability to effectively present and communicate the presentation. Ability to respond to questions appropriately and think on feet.
- Ability to establish and maintain customer relationships; communicate effectively with a wide range of personalities in a professional and courteous manner.
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently required.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and familiarity with the Rochester/Austin area. (Driving record will be checked)
- Demonstrates effective negotiation and closing techniques.
- Strong analysis and judgment skills.
- Make monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets or sales quotas including Non-spot and digital media sales goals.
- Prospect and cold call new businesses on a daily basis. This includes on the phone and face to face visits. Set up future face to face meetings for introductions and presentations.
- Complete face-to-face sales presentations with decision makers. Presentations will include a customer needs analysis, research and supporting documentation, and creative business solutions.
- Follow up and close all pending business in a timely manner. Update Sales Manager weekly on progress of pending business.
- Provide excellent customer service to direct and agency accounts. Personally contact each active account regularly- defined as an in person meeting, including the presentation of pertinent sales information.
- Follow up and assist in the collection process.
- Utilization and proficiency of Sales computer systems to aid in selling process.
- Entertain clients at special events. These events may occur after business hours and on weekends.
- Complete all written business requirements within established deadlines. These requirements include: Weekly reports, Forecast reports, Pending business updates, Credit applications following established credit policies, Written orders and advertising copy, Pre-emption reports
- Attend and participate in weekly sales staff meetings and individual meetings with manager.
- Attend and participate in other necessary meetings and training as required by management
- Maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with others. Builds working relationships with co-workers, customers, vendors and the general public. Acts in a professional manner when representing each station.
No Telephone Calls Please
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER