The producer delivers and contributes accurate, visual, news content across all media platforms.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for evaluating stories; organizing them
into a cohesive sequence within a newscast or digital content for the web.
- Oversees writing, production, and timing of broadcast
or on-line publication.
- Define strategic direction for content coverage to meet
- Manage news room, contribute to the editorial process
and make solid decisions in breaking news situations.
- Monitor post-production processes to ensure accurate
completion of details.
- Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences
across all digital devices.
- Write, produce and edit material that appeals to target
- Research production topics using the internet, video
archives, and other information sources.
- Must be able to interact well with video journalists,
anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff.
- Detail oriented; proficient in non-linear editing.
- Excellent verbal, written, grammar and analytical
- Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and
understanding of viewer needs and expectations.
- Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination
techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform and entertain
via written, oral, and visual media.
- Ability to meet quality standards for service &
evaluate customer satisfaction.
- Proficient in non-linear editing.
Bachelors Degree in Communications, TV/film or equivalent experience may substitute 2+ years experience in television or radio broadcast/production.
Training/Equipment: Utilize state-of-the-art television technology; MS Outlook, E-mail.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Some travel may be required on an occasional basis.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Contact: Apply online at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.
Job Req #: 5779