NEW BEST CONSIDERATION DATE: November 1, 2017.
The KUNM News Department is hiring a reporter for our award-winning Public Health New Mexico project. The position is full-time, based in Albuquerque, and is benefits eligible through the University of New Mexico.
Applicants must apply online to the UNMJobs website. Applications through third-party websites will not be considered. For further information or assistance with the UNMJobs website please call (505) 277-6947.
Technical Journalist: KUNM, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Position summary: KUNM at the University of New Mexico is hiring one full-time Technical Journalist to report for the Public Health New Mexico project. In order to address the under-representation of Hispanic/Latino journalists in public radio newsrooms and based on the requirements of the W. K. Kellogg Foundation grant (Number PO303596, pg. 2) that funds the project, the successful candidate will be Hispanic/Latino.
The Technical Journalist will initiate independent research, investigation, and story development in consultation with the News Director. The successful applicant will write and prepare stories for broadcast and publication online and will work as a member of the team to establish the nature and focus of stories and participate in determination of the general direction of the project.
See the Position Description for additional information.
At least two years of experience in broadcast Master Control or 3 years of solid broadcast experience with technical systems. Working knowledge of a wide variety of audio and video equipment. Knowledge of FCC requirements in a broadcast facility. Ability to handle on-air switching of program materials utilizing manual and computerized systems. Good concentration to maintain flow and accurate timing of on-air programming. Ability to work efficiently under pressure and handle technical difficulties in a calm manner. Reliability, quick thinking, strong technical skills, and common sense are critical to success in this position. Must have a valid drivers’ license and a good driving record, both will be checked.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to: Coordinates and monitors the video and audio portions of on-air programming. Maintains station log to ensure the station’s output meets FCC technical requirements. Set up and cues videotapes and programs on video servers for smooth transitions from program to commercial to station break. Controls program flow and timing. Adjusts video and audio levels. Operate video servers and computerized control systems as required. Three month rotation during overnights is required. Working Holiday and Weekend shifts may also be required.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
No Telephone Calls Please
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
KRQE Media Group in Albuquerque is searching for a Integrated Digital Specialist to join our sales and marketing team.
The IDS will be the market’s subject matter expert on digital services and will work, both independently and in conjunction with the Nexstar sales team, to achieve budgeted revenue goals in the digital marketing services area. The IDS will achieve this by professionally and effectively selling Nexstar’s digital products and inventories (including but not limited to targeted video, digital audience and reach extensions, SEO/SEM, and sponsorships) with the intent to advance client objectives.
· Digital marketing services sales lead and subject matter expert in your market
· Develop and execute go-to-market sales strategies and tactics that result in exceeding personal and company revenue targets
· Establish, maintain and grow meaningful client relationships
· Generate new digital marketing services business and grow business from existing clients
· Be an effective educator and ambassador both internally and externally on the benefits of digital marketing for clients
· Meaningful contributor in sales meetings on digital marketing topics (ex. best practice sharing, industry trends)
· Be an effective partner with the market’s sales team in generating synergy revenue
· Effective closer
· Consistently communicate with clients
· Effective in “four-legged” call situations
Education: BA or BS in Business, Marketing, Advertising or Communications preferred
· 1+ years of digital marketing or media sales preferred
· Significant knowledge of the local digital marketing services product offering and it’s effective use for clients
· Motivated, enthusiastic, self-starter who is able to work effectively both independently and collaborating in a team environment
· Effective communication and client presentation skills
· Ability to interact with high-level decision makers
· Ability to execute in an organization through collaboration and a consultative process
· Excellent follow-up, strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Proven ability to meet and exceed sales goals
· Up to date on latest trends in digital marketing service industry
· Resourceful, self-motivated and a skillful multi-tasker
· Ability to mange account receivables for your book of business
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The IDS must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, work in close proximity to others and make decisions with and without supervision. In addition, the IDS must be able to lift, setup and operate equipment weighing up to 20 pounds.
NOTE: This job description contains basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities other duties may be assigned.
Apply online at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
Job Req #: 5895