Title: PT Floor Crew, AM Schedule
Knowledge of TV camera operation, floor directing, and general lighting. Prior television production experience helpful. Must be able to work mornings and weekends. Must have valid driver’s license. Driving record will be checked.
Responsibilities will, include, but not limited to: Operating cameras during newscasts and/or live shows. Maneuvering cameras and following instructions from director. Prepares studio set to ensure lights and mics are functioning. Handles teleprompter, assists with audio setup, floor directing, and set construction. General maintenance of studio area for newscasts/local programming and recordings.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions. Work involves moving the studio camera with wheels. Pulls and pivots the camera in the direction required. Stands to operate studio camera. May lift and carry heavy equipment. Work also includes walking between news and production. May assist with media prep operations. Studio maintenance to replace lamps, move camera props and use of ladder to reach necessary equipment.
No Telephone Calls Please
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Previous professional experience in news gathering required. Experience with AVID editing required. Candidate must be beyond the basics in shooting skills. The Farmington Bureau Chief must have strong news judgment and writing skills; ability to shoot, write and edit a news story; ability to deliver the news story from the field or the news desk. Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently. Must have a valid drivers’ license and a clean driving record, both will be checked.
This multi-media journalist position is located in the Farmington, NM bureau of KOB-TV, an Albuquerque based TV station. The MMJ teleconferences into the daily editorial meeting in Albuquerque and is responsible for pitching turnable stories that are already researched and set up. Once story assignments are approved, the MMJ will shoot, write and edit the piece and deliver the story. Must be willing to drive long distances and have the ability to work on tight deadlines The right candidate will work periodic shifts in our Albuquerque Newsroom to hone their skills. Bureau Chief will have a high profile presence in the community to enhance KOB’s profile in the Four Corners. We love to promote from within. There are tremendous opportunities for growth and you will be working with a Management team that loves to coach.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions. The following physical requirements are typical, but not all-inclusive: Lifts and carries moderately heavy camera equipment including camera, tripod and lights. Ability to drive long distances in company vehicle under a variety of weather conditions. Work requires a great deal of walking, standing, bending and kneeling. Dexterity and knowledge to operate sensitive computer and editing equipment.
No Telephone Calls Please
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT: KOAT-TV has an opening for a Production Assistant. We are looking for an energetic team player who understands the flexible schedule that the broadcast industry requires to join our production crew. This person will be responsible for operating cameras, teleprompter, audio-board, graphics and video equipment; as related to live broadcasts and post-production. Must have good technical skills, and good communication skills. Responsibilities include floor directing, camera/studio operator, digital editing, assisting the news department, and other duties as assigned.
- Construction, maintenance, installation and operation of props, cameras, prompters, sets and other production equipment.
- Maintain professional appearance of studio/sets.
- Lighting and script preparation for newscasts.
- Edit syndicated promos for air.
- Video cueing during newscasts.
- Assist the directors as needed.
- Must have a good attitude, be willing to learn, and be a team player.
- Must be able to problem solve quickly and work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail a must.
Full description and how to apply: Production Assistant
NEWS EDITOR: KOAT-TV has an opening for a highly motivated and creative News Editor to work in a very competitive news market. This position will cover news stories as assigned. Our ideal candidate has an excellent eye for visual compelling storytelling and is passionate about combining strong writing and storytelling with great pictures and sound.
- Edit stories, videos, and newscasts on tight deadlines.
- Maintain news archives.
- Operate electronic newsgathering equipment.
- Nonlinear editing (using Adobe Premiere) of newscast elements including PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, opens, teases and preproduction material.
- Effectively collaborates with producers, reporters and managers to produce high quality stories.
- Ensuring proper storage and organization of media files.
- Maintaining standards for all edited material.
- Taking in ENG and SNG feeds.
- Any other editing duties as assigned by news managers.
- Ability to work on linear and non- linear equipment.
- Proficiency editing with Adobe Premiere.
- Ability to edit on non- linear equipment, including Final Cut Pro, Avid and Edius.
- Must be able to handle and juggle multiple editing assignments under strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of current television production techniques.
- Familiarity with mass communications law and media responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively with photographers and producers.
- Must be able to record multiple feeds on a digital encoding system.
- Able to search for source materials from multiple outlets and platforms.
- Able to work in a fast paced, detail-oriented environment with calm, skilled execution.
- Possess a valid drivers’ license and good driving record.
Full description and how to apply: News Editor